Monday, February 22, 2010

Cancer Bitch as Pin Cushion

Seriously? They could find a vein but couldn't put the needle in for chemo?

5 times???? And it took 2 different lab techs? While I was jumping out of the seat with each jab of the needle, Steve demanded to see a doctor, someone who could tell us why they could stick a needle in my vein but not be able to do anything else. Miraculously, after his demand, they found a vein. Needless to say, after today's torture session, my arm is black and blue.

I had to include a photo ( and a "Thank You") of some of the tokens that were given by friends - cards, angels, scarves and a big Teddy bear. Still don't know who sent the profane Valentine's day bear. That calls for some investigative journalism.....

PS: Today's Horoscope for Libras was a hoot!

"You're willing to take risks with your physical image. After all, hair usually grows back. And you can always change your clothes. You might purchase a treatment or product to amplify your natural beauty."

5 comments:

Diane Dimond said...

Alright - I want NAMES, RANKS, SERIAL NUMBERS!
And a note to nurses and lab techs: If the needle is in the vein start dispensing the medications!
Sheesh - don't make me come down there and kick some lab tech butt.
I swear to God....

Lynne said...

Time to posse up? Because we will mau-mau up there. Just say the word...

jallen said...

Where's the profane Valentine's day bear -- we need photos to begin the investigation.

M.Ysdawit said...

Good for Steve. When you're finished with treatment, count me among the posse that returns for vengeance, armed with needles and no mercy for techs. Much love

Karen D

Judy Muller said...

that sounds hideous. now that I remember, same thing happened once to Kerry. nothing like having your angry advocate on hand to kick some ass.
And I LOVE the pageboy!!!