Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cancer Bitch- Angels in America




First an update. Second chemo at Johns Hopkins yesterday. Had to be there at 8:30am, hence at 630am departure. This time I remembered my I-Pod and I tried lying there doing guided meditations, but there was too much background noise. I ended up closing my eyes and rocking out to the "Black Eye Peas" and "Lady Gaga" among others. When I heard Steve and Mom laughing, I figured maybe I shouldn't sing along.....

This time after chemo I was completely wiped out. Slept the whole way home, most of the afternoon, and made myself wake up at 9pm to fight sleepiness and nausea for 2 hours until I finally went to bed. The bad news yesterday, found out I have to give up liquor, fatty foods, and grapefruit. The good news - can't pick up after the dog anymore!

Sometimes I get so caught up in illness I forget about the good things that have resulted, and the angels that are in my life. So, in lieu of a proper "Thank You" card -

Thanks to those who sent scarves for my pending baldness;

Thanks to everyone who sent books - I'm still not convinced you-know-who actually finished "Game Change;"

Thanks for my stuffed bear and the clothing to replace my baggy pants;

Thanks to everyone who has taken us out to lunch and dinner;

Thanks for my private yoga lesson - I'm continuing to practice on an online site;

Thanks for the home delivery of Trader Joe's Italian Blood Orange Soda;

Thanks for all of the cards and letters;

Thank you for my invisible posse.

"Cancer Bitch" may just have to change her name to "Blessed." Then again, that just might be the Oxycodeine talking......

9 comments:

Lynne said...

Just issue a blanket "Thank you." There is so much more coming your way that you'll never be able to keep up.

And: you're welcome.

jallen said...

What Lynne said. And singing out loud is as good as meditation, maybe better.

Unknown said...

Blessed is right. You are so loved. It is a blessing to see that love in action, not just words.

Moe said...

We are lucky to have you in our lives

Diane Dimond said...

I love you Brenda. I have for 30 years.
Now, just do me a favor - don't dress like Lady GaGa!

MixedMediaManiacs said...

Love you so much, Boxilla. I wish to God I could take it for you because i gladly would...

gena said...

Like you've EVER done anything for all of us? I can think of a number of times when you've made me laugh when I was fully engaged in a deep blue funk.

This posse won't quit til you perform like Pink on the Grammies.

Felicia Lee said...

I can't think of anything original to say except I've got your back and THANKS to you for all the things that you have ever done for me, like hosting that wonderful baby shower. You are the blessing, so they flow back to you. That's it.

Anonymous said...

Your light shines bright baby! Stay strong.