Thursday, November 6, 2008

Robber Barons at it Again


Was balancing the checking account last night, trying to figure out why we didn't have enough money to pay our bills, when I noticed something odd - I had paid our Bank of America Credit Card in September and October - but there were also 2 bank-issued checks to the same credit card in September and October. We didn't approve those! Called BOA today, after an hour and several holds and transfers, they informed me that my 19-year old son had answered the phone in September and approved the rather large telephone transfers. WTF!? They asked, didn't he have access to the checking account and/or credit card? Hell, no. Needless to say, I want my money back!

1 comment:

BaysidePartners said...

Boxilla, take hostages!

I think I may have told you about this one: my sig other had a real situation last year with online bill pay. Somehow, several zeros were added to his $40.00 Macy's card payment (he says he didn't do it - it looked fine when he clicked) and they withdrew $4,000.00 from his account. He found out when his $6.00 Starbucks POS bounced (and he was charged $35 extra for that stupid cup of coffee and bagel). Our house payment bounced as did numerous other checks to the tune of about $500 in overdraft fees. And, getting that $4,000 back from Macy's took 2 months and lots of hassles, including them de-activating his card just in time for Christmas shopping! Arghhh!!!!!