Friday, May 18, 2012

Cancer Bitch Takes 5

The Human Guinea Pig, checking in. I know many of you haven't heard much from me lately, but I'm tired with a capitol "T." With my usual arrogance, I thought, "Hell, I can drive to Baltimore every day, 5 days week, for radiation and then go to work. No biggie!"

Um, I was wrong.

Radiation isn't nearly as invasive as chemotherapy. But it sneaks up on you. And getting up at 6am everyday for the round trip drive to Baltimore has plain worn me out. Add to that the chemo pills prescribed by my radiologist and I'm running up the white flag.  I'm only working 3 days a week now, and I find myself going to bed at 9pm.

Having admitted to my shortcomings, I'm still doing "Purplestride DC" on June 16. I've raised over $1300 so far, for pancreatic cancer research. Gotta do it! Then I'm taking a well-deserved vacation in New Orleans. So, forgive the radio silence - I'll be back to talk your ear off before you know it!



Today's musical selection, "I'm Tired," from "Blazing Saddles"

5 comments:

BaysidePartners said...

This bad stuff may win a battle or two, but YOU will win the war, Boxilla. Hang in there. You are loved and appreciated by so many. Your invisible posse is always with you...

Burrito

Diane Dimond said...

So, you finally heard me bitching from the backseat, right?! That is an impossible daily commute for anyone! So glad you have slowed it down a bit Miss-I-think-I'm-Superwoman.

I need to know you are happily walking down Bourbon Street with a hurricane glass in your hand. (Jell-ous!) Take me with you next time. DD

KEBAYA GAYA.TEX said...

good job

KEBAYA GAYA.TEX said...

good job

Unknown said...

I am really glad to read it and being able to share my thoughts on it. I want tohttp://www.promptessay.com/
use this opportunity to say that I really love this blog. It is an amazing resource of information for my working. Thank you so much.))